Your safety and health are our top priority. We have created a plan for opening the oﬃce in the safest way possible, relying on the guidance provided by the American Dental Association (ADA), the New York State Dental Association (NYDA) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
At your next appointment you will experience a number of changes that have been made to protect us all. We will also be screening you for COVID-19 symptoms, masks are required, social distancing will be practiced and additional protocol is in place for hygiene and infection control.
You will be asked a number of screening questions the day prior to your appointment and then the same questions will be asked upon your arrival to the office. In addition, when you arrive, your temperature and oxygen saturation levels will be checked. Our staff will be screened every day and will be quarantined if they have any symptoms or have been exposed to anyone with these symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Masks are Required
Please bring a mask with you to your appointment. You will be required to wear a mask until your treatment begins and you will be asked to wear the mask again upon completion of your treatment.
- Please come unaccompanied to your appointment unless there is specific need for an aide or other companion. Please let us know of this need in advance.
- We will not be using the waiting room. Arrive a few minutes prior to your appointment and remain in your car. We will call you when we are ready for you. The spacing between appointments has been adjusted to eliminate your contact with other patients.
- We now have contactless payment for those with Apple Pay, Google Pay, or a credit card enabled with contactless payment.
- Any follow up appointments will be scheduled by the staff while you are still seated in the operatory at the end of your treatment.
Hygiene and Infection Control
- We will all be wearing required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment); chair covers for each patient will be in place.
- You will be asked to rinse with a 1.5% hydrogen peroxide solution immediately prior to your treatment session to help reduce the viral/bacterial load.
- We have added vacuum units to assist in eliminating aerosols that are associated with handpiece devices and hygiene/cleaning procedures.
- As is always the case, all surfaces will be sanitized after each patient. There will be hand sanitizer throughout the office for you to use.
- The bathroom will be sanitized overnight. If you use the bathroom, there will be cleaning supplies and wipes to clean the surfaces before and after use.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately.
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted.
We truly miss seeing all of you and look forward to seeing you again soon.